After the success of our Yurt Holidays, we at Plan-it Earth decided to up-grade the yurt experience to offer Glamping holidays with style: Roundhouse Holidays.
Staying in our Roundhouses in Cornwall is a truly magical experience. It offers the perfect combination: back-to-nature living, without compromising on all the luxuries you would dream of for a perfect Green Holiday. Roomy, with comfortable beds, cosy wood burners and beautiful lanterns, this is luxurious Eco Living! This year we have two Roundhouses, situated in the orchard and large vegetable garden. The Roundhouses provide a unique family holiday or honeymoon destination. Each Roundhouse has its own individual character which is detailed towards the end of this page along with price and booking information. For an extraordinary Green Family or Group Eco Holiday that includes exciting workshops and all meals provided by our great cook, get together with your friends and their families and design your very own Eco Adventure Camp.
Interior Roundhouse Facilities
For your perfect Glamping Holiday in style, our Roundhouses are spacious, cosy, and sumptuously furnished, with sheepskins, beautiful rugs, lamps and lanterns. They come equipped with everything you need for a self-catering family holiday or romantic break: each has its own wood burner, making them wonderfully toasty, even on cooler days, and comfy beds provide a warm and cosy place to sleep (after star gazing through the sky light roof!), with duvets and pillows provided. There are blanket boxes for storing your personal belongings.
Exterior Roundhouse Facilities
There are compost toilets and wood burning showers, helping you to stay clean and green! Firewood for the wood burning showers and the Roundhouse wood burners will be provided. For an easy self-catering Eco-friendly holiday, each Roundhouse has its own fully equipped kitchen area, including Calor gas stove and wash-up facilities. Guests will have access to a fridge and freezer, and each Roundhouse has its own cool bag with freezer blocks which can be changed daily. Many of our guests find they can't resist the temptation to cook over an open fire (there is a camp fire outside each Roundhouse) - time to remember all those campfire songs you used to sing!
This year we have two Roundhouses: The Hobbit Roundhouse and The Strawbale Roundhouse - choose the one that best meets your needs and dreams:
The Hobbit Roundhouse
- The beautiful Hobbit house is a work of art - made from cord wood and cob, with coloured glass bottle wall light designs to add to its unique and awe-inspiring feel.
- The stunning reciprocal frame roof, complete with a star gazing roof light provides hours of dreamy enjoyment!
- The house can accommodate 5 people - with one double bed, 2 single futons and a single bed. The Roundhouse is perfect for a unique Glamping Holiday - a family or friends holiday, honeymoon or romantic holiday!
For prices and to book the Hobbit House, please click here
The Straw Bale Roundhouse
- The beautiful smooth cob and earth plastered walls with quirky built in features create a snug and cosy feel, with the reciprocal frame roof and roof light express beauty and clever design!
- The straw bale house can accommodate 4 people - with 1 double bed and 2 single futons for a child-friendly self-catering family Eco-holiday or a unique friends Green Holiday.
For prices and to book the House of Straw click here